Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Big Bridal Mistake


In preparation for the wedding day (and the million photographs that will go with it) I'm trying to eat healthier. This is mostly because I made the big mistake all brides are warned about and told not to do. I bought a dress that doesn't fit. I love my dress and fully planned to have the necessary alterations done to make it fit, but in the back of my mind I'm hoping I can lose a little weight to make those alterations less drastic. It hasn't been a completely unrealistic goal. I have given up my fair share of sweets that I love so much and I've incorporated some healthier habits into my diet, whether I truly like them or not.

The picture above is the perfect example. Breakfast is everything I love about my healthy new eating habits and everything I hate about them too. I hate oatmeal. I hate the taste, the texture, everything. But I'll eat it because it's good for me and filling too! As for my breakfast smoothies - yum! Today's smoothie is banana, strawberry, raspberry and orange. Absolutely delicious! I think the tang of the orange juice adds a little extra kick.

Of course I also realize that healthy eating alone will not make me miraculously lose weight. I've also been periodically going to Bikram Yoga (hot yoga where you literally sweat off extra weight), exercising at home on my elliptical (although I just sold it because we're moving and can't take it with us - so sad), riding my bike and walking more often. So far I've lost 7 pounds! Not too shabby!

No comments: