Monday, April 18, 2011

Book Review: Better Off: Flipping the Switch on Technology


I wanted to write a blog post about this book before a) I forget or b) I become too lazy. To be fair, I can only review Part I of the book, since that's as far into reading it as I've gotten. But honestly, I am thrilled to have found it! It's an incredibly interesting book that makes you think pretty intensely about your own use of technology and, for myself, about my relationship with food (where it comes from, how it's preserved, etc).

The book is actually about a couple who decide to live technology-free in an Amish-like community for 18 months. The challenges and rewards and learning experiences Brende writes about are so fascinating that I honestly believe everyone would enjoy reading this book!

So even though I'm not finished reading it yet - I give it a whole-hearted recommendation! Get it from your local library, a used book store, or order it off of Amazon!

No comments: