Sunday, June 20, 2010

On a totally unrelated note...

I want to go back to school. Not the kind of school where you get a degree or a master's and then end up unemployed forever - I've already done that. I want to go back to school to get a certification that can get me employment straight out of school. I've narrowed it down to 3 different options:

  1. Hospital Unit Clerk - takes 5 months to complete - salary is approx. $20/hr
  2. Licensed Practical Nurse - takes 12 months to complete - salary is approx. $23/hr
  3. Montessori Lower Elementary Teacher - takes 9 months to complete - salary varies, may be approx. $15/hr
They all cost the same amount in terms of course fees and materials. The Unit Clerk option is 5 months of part time study in the evenings and on weekends. The Nurse option is full time for 12 months including a few segments of practicals that might require me living in another community for 3-6 weeks at a time. The Teacher option is all on my own time, so could potentially take less than 9 months to complete.

I would do them all if I could (and I might over the course of the next 30 years - who knows!). But for now, I need to choose one and I need help!

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Madeleine said...

Jennie, you'd be an excellent teacher!!