Much easier said than done. For some reason I started the de-clutter and organize process with our junk drawer. Big mistake. It is mainly tools and loose nails and screws. It took forever to clean out, but now I am left with a bunch of things that clearly don't belong in the same drawer. Worse is that I have nowhere else to put them right now. So, they will sit on the floor beside the drawers until I can get to the store for some much needed items.
Here is my de-clutter and organize shopping list:
- hooks for hanging bags (ie. our dish cloth/towel laundry bag)
- small containers for collections of small things (ie. coin rollers, batteries, etc.)
- medium containers for collections of larger things or larger quantities of things (ie. candles, first aid supplies/medications, etc.)
- large rubbermaid totes for those larger items that never seem to have a place (ie. Adam's fishing gear, my craft supplies, pet supplies that aren't in use, gardening supplies that aren't in use, etc.)
- more 'under the bed' storage bins for seasonal clothing items or camping items
- a magnetic container we can attach to the fridge to store spare pens (I remember having something like this for my locker when I was in school)