Thursday, September 9, 2010

10 Year Plan

I wish I had the patience to make a 10 Year Plan and then relax knowing I would get everything I want to do accomplished in due time. For me, that doesn't work. I want to do everything and I want to do it all right now.

~ I want to do the Hospital Unit Clerk program and spend a few years working in that field.
~ I want to volunteer for a local health-related non-profit for a few years before doing my Master's.
~ I want to do my Master's of Public Health.
~ I want to do more international volunteer work in a health related setting.
~ I want to accomplish all of this simultaneously and in the next few years. I'm a dreamer.

To some extent, this could work. For example, I have already started the volunteer work and could continue it while finishing my Medical Terminology course. I could then get employment (fingers crossed) in the medical sector while taking my Hospital Unit Clerk program. Once I complete that program, I could potentially move into that career field and then do my Master's via distance education. The tricky thing is, I also want to do the international volunteer work before my Master's.

And where does my husband and family fit in? What if Adam has a career change in this time as well and what if it involves relocating again? What if Adam wants to go back to school? How does 'life' fit into my plans??

I need to learn patience. I want to jump in and do everything all at once, but life doesn't work that way. There's applications to do months in advance, time spent waiting on test results, holidays, and of course, each thing I want to do takes time as well.

And don't get me started on finances...

No comments: