Wednesday, November 2, 2011

November Goals

I can't believe it will be December a month from now. I am not even the least bit prepared for the holidays. Looks like I'll have to make up for that in November!
  • Take Ellie to a baby group. We've been to it once before, but now I'd like to work it into our schedule more regularly.
  • Continue to eat more veggies.
  • More tummy time for Ellie! She very much prefers to sit up to play on her blanket, but to learn to crawl, she'll have to do more tummy time.
  • Be more consistent with putting Ellie in her crib for naps.
  • Sit down with Adam and weigh the pros and cons of me finding an outside job. I have an interview next week, so hopefully we can do this before then.
  • Encourage Adam to use the sauna or steam room at least once a week.
  • Do something (anything!) once a week that contributes to my own overall health. Whether this is a yoga class, a session in the sauna, some time in the fitness room, etc. It doesn't matter what it is as long as it makes me feel good and is good for me! 
  • Let my mom babysit more so that Ellie gets more used to her. This will give me some freedom and help relieve some of the stress of having to leave Ellie when I have my gall bladder removed. Plus, if I do get an outside job, it will help with childcare.
  • Get our house clean and sorted. We have bottles that need to go to the depot, a baby swing to return to a friend, computer stuff to organize and put away, a baby gate (or rather, a dog pen) to set up, a playpen to put away, etc. I am looking forward to tackling this to-do list!
  • Baby proof! Ellie will only be getting more and more mobile as the months progress, so it may be time to baby proof things like cords, cables, outlets, etc. Then, when she's just about to pull up on stuff, we'll baby proof things like heavy furniture and toilet lids!
  • Work on my two big goals.
  • Make and freeze a month's worth of baby food!
  • Pump and freeze milk for my surgery (I have to keep doing this on an ongoing basis because milk only lasts so long in the freezer and I have no idea when my surgery will be).
  • Christmas presents/plans! Everything about this is up in the air, so hopefully we can get some of it figured out soon!
This is a terribly long list, but hopefully with some babysitting by mom, I'll have a little more time to accomplish things!

No comments: