Saturday, February 4, 2012

January Outcomes and February Ambitions!

I feel like January flew by! I don't even remember writing my January goals, so I hope I was able to achieve some of them. Let's see how I did:
  • Have a date night with my husband. We had a baby-free lunch date for our 7 year anniversary! We both would love to do a dinner, but that will have to wait until Ellie sleeps better at night.
  • Try a new recipe. I tried quite a few new ones ~ lentil soup, potato corn chowder, mexican rice, to name a few!
  • Take one step forward in my business planning process. Yes!
  • Declutter our home. Yes, but I feel like it's a never ending process.
  • Contact the company that holds our car loan and arrange for either larger payments or more frequent payments. Yes!
  • Go to a Bikram yoga class. Yes! Although I only made it once, I'm still glad I went. It's a shame the classes are so expensive. However, I have signed up for a mom and baby fitness class that starts next week, so that's something!
  • Schedule the car for an oil change. Soon...
  • Visit friends and/or family. Not yet, but we have a brief trip planned to visit friends next week!
  • Get Ellie to nap in her crib.SUCCESS!!!! OMG what took me so long!? 
I think I did great considering I forgot about most of these goals after a week or so! So now I'm ready to set some goals for this month!
  • Work on improving Ellie's night time sleep. I'm reading the No Cry Sleep Solution and so far it really resonates with me. I figure if I can get Ellie to the point where she only wakes to nurse a couple times each night, we're golden!
  • Finish writing the first draft of my business plan.
  • Go to more baby groups! It's good for Ellie and for my sanity to get out of the house. Driving into town each day isn't so great on our budget, but we'll have to make it work.
  • Get more shifts at work. I feel happiest when I have a few hours every few days to do something productive away from home.
  • Green smoothies!! My veggie intake is waning again... not good! I feel like I crave sweets a lot more when I'm not getting enough fruits and veggies in my diet. I need to hop back on the green smoothie bandwagon. Maybe I should branch out and try a new recipe?
  • Get the oil changed in the car finally!

No comments: