Thursday, March 17, 2011

My bad...

I can't believe it's been almost a month since I updated my blog - oops! To be fair though, I've been busy with the before-baby-checklist and not so focused on the fun things like blogging or house projects. So what have I been up to all this time? You name it! I'm going through our house room by room in an attempt to organize, declutter (I am the complete opposite of a pack rat), and baby-ready each room. So far here's what I've accomplished (with a fair bit of help from Adam!):

Bedroom:
-accent wall painted
-crib assembled
-shelves put up
-change table area set up
-closet space set aside for blankets (soooo many blankets!)
-litterbox made much less accessible for baby, yet still accessible for Gabby
-curtains hung where there should be closet doors
-nursing area set up (rocking chair, books, lamp, pillows, etc)
-master bathroom organized with room for baby soaps, first aid stuff, nursing pads, etc

Living Room:
-toy shelf set up with bins and baskets for various toys and items
-space set aside on bookshelf for kid's books
-two desks removed for more floor space

Kitchen:
-baby proofed the cupboard under the sink that houses paint, cleaning supplies and pet food

To be fair, I didn't do all of this in the last month, but it's a pretty comprehensive list of house-related things that are done. With only 10 weeks to go though, the to-do list seems to be growing rather than shrinking!

No comments: