Sunday, July 3, 2011

6 weeks and 2 days

In the spirit of honesty I have to admit that I thought this would be easier. Not that I thought having and caring for a baby would be easy necessarily, but I definitely thought it would be less challenging and stressful than I'm finding it to be. Not only that, but even when it was super hard for the first couple weeks, I still believed it would get much easier a lot faster than it is. Adam thinks I'm too hard on myself and that I'm doing a great job. It's nice to hear, and he might be right, but all I want is to feel like I'm doing a great job. And I want to stop thinking in terms of the future (ie. 'It'll be easier when she can sit up', or, 'In 2 weeks she's old enough to sleep 6 hours straight') because that only sets me up to be disappointed with the present and disappointed with that future when my expectations don't come true.

And dammit, I want some freakin' dairy products! Chocolate ice cream would do wonders on making me feel better at the moment.  :-(

1 comment:

Lindsy M said...

Just started reading your blog, and am enjoying it very much!just have to let you know, the whole counting down the weeks/days until they can sit up, sleep through the night, start eating solids, blah blah blah lol it is a HUGE dissapointment when that time comes and goes... i have a 6 month old son and he just recently started sleeping throught the night LOL i was an avid baby book reader & eventually i just gave up and said "hes gunna do stuff when he wants too" and ever since "letting go" it has been alot of fun! have fun with your little one because time goes by way too fast (feels like i blinked and 6 months passed by) and remember, it gets alot easier as time passes and you and your little one get to know eachother better :)