Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Making A Difference: One Toilet Paper Roll At A Time!

Awesome! Scott brand toilet paper has come up with toilet paper rolls that have no inner cardboard tube and use no glue! That's definitely progress! It would be a bit better if they also used recycled paper for the rest of the product, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

*Side note... if you're as brave as I am, you may also venture into using cloth wipes as reusable, washable toilet paper! I don't use it for everything, but I have some super soft bamboo fleece wipes that I can wash and reuse - further reducing the amount of toilet paper I use. I'm also pretty excited that once we start cloth diapering, these wipes can be washed with the cloth diapers to reduce laundry loads and water usage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know you could get toilet paper without the rolls. That's great! Do you know the price range for it?

Jennie said...

Sadly, I haven't seen it in any stores around here yet. But when I do I'll let you know! I would expect it to cost less since they wouldn't have the cost of the glue or the cardboard rolls... but probably they will charge more because most major non-eco companies that come out with an eco product jack the prices because they don't produce as much of the product as they do their other items... I'm guessing!