Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Bucket List



This post, as well as my new journal, are inspired by the movie 'The Bucket List' and also by that fun new MTV show The Buried Life. Basically, my new journal is a list of things I want to do before I die. Instead of being morbid, it's more of a challenge. A challenge to dream big and be willing to put those dreams down on paper and take steps to make them happen! I have this vision of a journal filled with things I want to do, and as I cross things off I will be inspired to dream even bigger than before and the momentum will help me achieve my biggest, greatest, most far-reaching dreams!

I think this general idea can be applied to weddings too. It definitely would have helped us in the planning process if we sat down on day one and asked ourselves what we want our wedding day to be like. Make a giant list of all the things we want to see or do on that day, and then take the steps to make them happen. I still think our wedding day will be wonderful, romantic and fun, but this would have made getting there a tad easier!

What do you want to do before you die?

No comments: