Saturday, February 6, 2010

One Woman's Junk...


Could be the very same woman's treasure! I happened to have some cedar lying around from a project I did in university (I made a bentwood box in the style done by local First Nations). It occurred to me that this would be perfect to use as a sign to point our guests towards the chapel for our ceremony, since the location is a bit tricky. I used leftover black and white paint and voila - a pretty wedding sign!

I still want to touch it up a bit (the white paint didn't stick so well in a spot that had tape on it), but I really like how it turned out! I purposely left our names off of it so I can also give it away to another future bride after our wedding.

Have you created anything for your wedding using things you already had lying around? If you'd like to share your project or idea, send me an email and picture and you can have your very own guest post on this blog!

No comments: